Intensive corporal practiceof development of mental capacities — sensomotor correction
The “Intensive Corporal Practice of Development of Mental Capacities” programme is a complex of special consecutive physical exercises by means of which the work of brain is stimulated. In this case the organism is restored at the expense of compensation mechanism when safe sites of a brain assume functions of the lost.
Basic principles of work of the programme:
Principle of sequence. At the first stage exercises are carried out in a prone position, at the following stage – sitting, – standing at the third.
Principle of systemacity. The programme assumes gradual complication of the carried-out exercises depending on extent of development of the previous.
Principle of individual approach. The programme is found taking into account specific features of the person where each stage can be modified on speed and the contents.
The programme includes the following groups of exercises:
The daily complex consists approximately from 20 exercises of different types offered in a certain order:
- breathing exercises;
- massage and self-massage (self-massage of the head, fingers, feet, exercises on fine motor skills development, acupressure, etc.);
- the exercises regulating a muscular tone (extensions, exercises on body tension and relaxation);
- exercises on relaxation of habitual tension in the movements (the circular and multidirectional movements of eyes, tongue, hands, feet);
- logopedic exercises (exercises on development of articulation, pronunciation of sounds, tongue twisters, rhythmic pronunciation of words);
- exercises for development of corporal sensitivity and the speech (finger-type gymnastics);
- exercises for development of movement coordination.
Conditions of efficiency of the programme:
- Оne course continuously lasts about a year (depending on extent of defeat of brain departments). The more defeat owing to a stroke, the more time is required for restoration of the lost functions. After a break in half a year or more course can be repeated.
- Exercises are carried out daily at home independently (it is desirable — with the assistant), irrespective of a state of health and fatigue, and certainly once a week — with the trainer who corrects work and offers complications.
- At fatigue or an illness it is possible to reduce number of repetitions of each exercise, but not to refuse their performance since the admission of occupations “returns back”.
- Duration of one occupation of 50 – 60 minutes, it can be broken into 2 parts, for example, in the morning and in the second half of day. It is possible to carry out exercises in any time of day, convenient for the person, – morning, day, evening.
- Each of exercises with the repeating elements usually becomes on five times. Following to instructions of the trainer on complication of exercises is observed.
- Performing exercises at home the sequence set by the trainer is accurately observed.
The results you might archieve, while participating in the programme:
- The general movements coordination’s ’improvement and better control over your body movements.
- Return of corporal sensitivity.
- Expansion of movement abilities of arm and leg which have been paralyzed after having a stroke.
- Hands’ sense of rhythm and sensitivity recovery.
- Corporal tension and suppression reduction.
- Relaxed natural movements reappearance.
- Blood circulation improvement, achieving the general condition harmony by natural deep breathing stabilization.
- Memory, concentration, way of thinking development.
- Sense of relief in articulation and speech improvement.
Programme’s participants reviews:
“Major change – I became more confident. Now I can get of a chair by myself, I can use public transport, but before, during my trips, I needed the assistance of others. I find my way around much better now, my coordination has improved.“ (Valerij V.)
“If I am nor rushing, my gait is natural and comfortable. I can remember the people’s (which I get acquainted on different occasions) names much better now, so I am not getting confused any more. I started talking more fluent and I do not stumble during my speech as often as I used to. Those, who have not seen me for a few months can notice the above mentioned changes in me. My fingers started moving, hand became more flexible, I can hold the objects.” (Vladimir S.)
“I must admit, that even my gait has changed. I do not drag my leg as much as I used to. I walk more steadily. My speech became more vibrant, I find the words quicker. My hand began to fulfil my orders.” (Marina Pavlovna K.)
“My memory is recovering. Muscles came back to life. Hand’s up and sideways movements reappeared. Now I can hold on to the handrail on the tram, I can hang down from gym horizontal bar, even lift an object like saucepans or 50 kg sack of sugar. I manage to sit down easier and more steadily. I used to sit sideways, a bit tilted before. Now I sit straight. I can feel the ground with my feet. I can bend down a bit, which I never dreamed of before. I can move my fingers and give a strong handshake, while I could not lift my hand before. I begin to write, using my right hand. It has been already half a year since I can walk independently without a stick. I can walk up to 10km.Enduarance has developed. I can go on the visiting trips abroad without assistance. Practically my balance has nearly restored completely. I have plans to get to dance the waltz.” (Stanislav Y.)
“I believe, that the participant, who tries his/hers own best and makes effort every day, and sometimes overcomes him/herself- gradually will recover physically. He/she will gain energy, activity, determination, patience, strength of mind to use it for general rehabilitation.”
(Leading specialist-psychologist Natalya Sedochenkova)